- Unparalleled safety: Unlike string solar systems where there is extremely high DC voltage in the solar array, modules are connected in parallel in microinverter systems and each only carries a voltage of 40 V, significantly downgrading the safety risk in the first place. As a result, the microinverter system naturally meets rapid shutdown requirements, and Hoymiles microinverters are compliant with such requirements as specified in UL 1741 and NEC 2017/2020 690.12.
- Module-level monitoring and easy maintenance: Microinverters enable module-level monitoring, so users are able to check the operation data and performance of each and every module remotely in real-time and detect potential problems in time. This makes maintenance super easy.
- High efficiency: Microinverters are known for their module-level MPPT which means that PV modules operate independently of each other and would not be influenced in case some are underperforming due to shading. Therefore, in residential, industrial, and commercial power plants, microinverters guarantee 5–30% more energy output than traditional inverters.
- Reliability guaranteed: Hoymiles microinverter is marked by the IP67 enclosure rating. IP stands for “ingress protection”, and is a
- Make your rooftop into full use: Our module-level MPPT means that panels can be placed in a way that the space on your rooftop allows. This is particularly cost-effective if your rooftop has slopes facing different directions.
- Industry-leading warranty: Our microinverter comes with a standard 12 years of warranty and is extendable to 25 years. Click here to learn more about our warranty information.
- We offer a full range of products from 1-in-1, 2-in-1, 4-in-1 to 6-in-1, meaning that a single microinverter can connect one, two, four, or six panels at once. We also have single-phase and three-phase products for different settings.
- Our microinverters cover a wide output power from 300 VA to 2250 VA and are compatible with 166/182/210 modules.
- Our microinverters have been certified globally and can be seamlessly tied to your local grid. You will always be able to find the right one for your solar journey.
- Our microinverters boast high efficiencies. Our excellent 99.8% MPPT efficiency ratings make sure that more of your panel production is turned into usable energy. Our 96.7% CEC peak efficiency ranks among the highest in the world.
Hoymiles has been on the fast track and our annual production capacity has reached 2 million units on average. From 2016 to 2021, we registered a 100% increase in sales volume every year. As of 2022, over 1 million Hoymiles microinverters have been installed across more than 100 countries and regions. Our service network now spans more than 76 countries and regions and this number is expected to grow in the years to come.
Our microinverters feature a full-range lineup spanning from 300VA up to 2250VA and they are compatible with all the mainstream 166/182/210mm modules with power ranging from 300W to 670W. Our microinverters are incredibly flexible as they can be connected to one, two, four, and six modules at a time which are called 1-in-1, 2-in-1, 4-in-1, and 6-in-1 respectively in the Hoymiles ecosystem. It means that you don’t need to have as many inverters as the modules. For example, if your space is limited and you can only install two panels, then you can choose one of our 2-in-1 microinverters instead of two regular microinverters. Furthermore, you can also mix and match our products and make full use of your roof no matter how complex it is (check out our blog here). You can always find a product that suits your needs because we are ready to fit you into any installation setting. Check our product list for more details and you’re very welcome to talk to our experts if you are still not sure which products to buy.
- Yes, you can either choose our HMT-2250 high-powered three-phase microinverter or use our single-phase products to form a three-phase system.
- The Hoymiles Smart Power Export Management can intelligently control the output power of the photovoltaic system, and maximize the user’s power generation profits without violating grid export regulations. At the same time, this system can also accurately display the power and production of the photovoltaic system with the measuring meter, so that users can trade the PV production online according to data on S-Miles Cloud.
- In the Hoymiles Export Management solution, Hoymiles gateway DTU-Pro (or DTU-Pro-S) and additional meter (CT optional) are necessary. In the case of export limitation, the meter can be installed at the load side or the grid side. The gateway DTU will dynamically adjust the PV power production according to the export power or load consumption as measured by the meter, so that the export power does not exceed the preset limit. To display the PV production accurately, the meter needs to be installed at the output of the PV system to enable the user to get the PV power production remotely.
- You can see our installation demonstration here.
Our failure rate is 0.18% on average.
- We recommend that the over-sizing ratio be between 1.1 and 1.35 depending on your solar project
- First of all, we put electrolytic capacitor, the most important and fragile component of a microinverter in the coolest part inside its body, ensuring the longevity of the microinverter while not compromising the overall performance.
- Second, our microinverter is known for high conversion efficiency, namely converting as much DC current generated by PV modules into usable AC current as possible. The higher the conversion efficiency, the less the heat produced. Hoymiles microinverters got the best CEC weighted efficiency of 96.5% and CEC peak efficiency of 96.7%. The industry-leading efficiency maximizes the energy harvest and helps users get the best returns on their solar investment.
- The enclosure of the Hoymiles microinverter is designed in such a way that dissipates heat quickly (natural convection). The aluminum enclosure makes the product light and more erosion resistant.
They are installed differently on the AC side, and the trunk version is known for easier installation.
Hoymiles’ products are compliant with local power grid requirements before entering the market. Our products are certified globally and are installed in over 100 countries and regions. Major certification bodies include CSA Group, INMETRO, Clean Energy Council, Tüv Nord, and Bureau Veritas.
This depends on the power and model you choose. Basically, the higher the power, the fewer in a single branch. The number could range anywhere from 3 to 19. You can refer to the datasheet for more information.
Our microinverters are built with all-around protection mechanisms such as anti-islanding protection, input reverse polarity protection, and 6000V surge protection.
- DTU, short for Data Transfer Unit, is a medium of data collection and transmission. Microinverters can certainly work without DTU, but you will not be able to get the module-level power production data of your PV system, nor can you perform diagnosis and maintenance of your system online. In other words, you will not be able to tap the full module-level capabilities for which microinverters are built in the first place.
- Furthermore, buying a DTU is more than buying a small gadget. It gives you free access to our monitoring platform S-Miles Cloud for life. You will have all the operation data at your fingertips. You can check on the module-level data of your PV system in real-time, diagnose any problems remotely, and maintain your system at minimal costs.
Currently, Hoymiles microinverters are grid-tied, but we are in the process of developing off-grid microinverters, and you can look forward to that. Our microinverters can form an AC coupling system with our hybrid inverters. If you are starting from scratch, then you can directly install our hybrid inverter which can work on- and off-grid.
Most issues can be solved within 24 hours. In rare cases where problems can be difficult to solve in a short time, you can contact your distributor who will help you out. We will also stand by and provide instructions for your distributor to perform testing, and most problems can be diagnosed and solved online.
Yes, we have technical teams there ready to solve your problems.
- Verify that the voltage and current specifications of the PV module match those of the microinverter.
- The output DC power of PV module shall not exceed 1.35 times of the output AC power of the microinverter. Refer to “Hoymiles Warranty Terms & Conditions” for more information. If you still need further help, please send the specification of the panel to [email protected]
As a Hoymiles partner, you can access a range of training courses as well as useful resources for improving your product knowledge and technical capability. Find out more on our training page or contact us for more details.
To help you find the right fit for every location, you can connect via Wi-Fi, GPRS or LAN depending on your specific products.
The maximum Wi-Fi range depends on the materials between the sender and receiver.
Relative signal range reduction
Up to 100%
Yes, providing they use the same method of connection.
- For the daisy chain version, 12AWG . For trunk versions, a choice of 10Awg or 12Awg.
Yes - we provide up to 25 years warranty as standard, with options to extend your warranty through your installer or distributor. You can register your warranty online.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) is used to adjust solar installations for the maximum performance in a range of conditions (like the amount of sunlight or temperature).
- MPPT efficiency represents how effectively a microinverter tracks to the maximum power point. In short, the higher the efficiency, the more output power you will get from each panel. Ultimately, this determines the return on your solar investment.
Our HM/HMS/HMT-series products can do this. Click here for more information.
We strongly recommend buying from Hoymiles directly. Only we can provide you with 100% technical support, regular updates, and an extensive warranty.